- The Crafts Council promotes the contemporary crafts
in Great Britain. It is an independent organisation funded by government
and provides services to craftspeople and the public.
Map at the Crafts Council
- A guide to selected Craft Galleries and shops around
the UK, published by the Crafts Council.
Regional Arts Pages
- Information Service for the Arts and Cultural sector
established by the ten Regional Arts Boards.
National Glass Centre
- Sunderland-based centre - large gallery spaces, exhibition
programme, workshops, glass collection etc.
Craft Potters Association (Contemporary Ceramics)
- The leading organisation for craft potters in the
The Independent Craft
- The Independent Craft Galleries Association represents
the foremost Applied Arts Galleries in the UK that are not dependent
on public funding. The site is completely rebuilt for 2001.
- Bi-monthly magazine for potters and ceramicists. Associated
to the Craft Potters Association.
- Quarterly magazine, published since 1993 (previously
titled Studio Pottery).
- A site that details the development of Studio Ceramics
- Bringing together information on British studio ceramics
for collectors, potters and galleries.
The Devon Guild
- Founded in 1955, the Guild promotes the best
craftwork in the region.
Simon Drew Gallery
- Gallery in South Devon showing ceramics as well as
Simon Drew original drawings, prints, cards and books.
Fenny Lodge Gallery
- Independent Gallery in Buckinghamshire.
- Galerie Besson has a world-wide reputation for exhibiting
ceramics and has been in existence for ten years in the heart of London's
- Paintings, sculpture and ceramics by over 30 leading
British-based contemporary artists.
- Gallery and shop in the heart of Cambridge.
- Gallery set amongst the rolling
hills of North Derbyshire.
- One of the best contemporary galleries in South West
- The Scottish Gallery is the largest and oldest private
gallery in Scotland.
- In addition to paintings, the gallery specialises
in early 20th century prints, sculpture and contemporary crafts including
jewellery, wood, ceramics and glass.
Centre & Design Gallery
- Promotes a selection of the best of British Contemporary
Craft from established and new designers.
- A shop and gallery showing contemporary Automata,
Folk, and Mechanical Toys from Britain, Germany, and the Czech Republic.
Also a sister shop in Alresford, Hampshire.
Pottery & The Malt House Gallery
- David and Margaret Frith, potters in Stoneware and
- One of the few galleries in the UK exhibiting both
contemporary and classical Studio Ceramics.
- Contemporary Applied Arts Gallery near Bristol.
- Ceramic Design.
- Ceramist and author of many excellent books on ceramics.
- Excellent potter's website. Very informative. Great
- "Art communicates by combining process, materials
- Has been developing handbuilding, burnishing and smoke
firing for over sixteen years to explore the vessel form.
- For the past two decades, English ceramist David Roberts
has devoted himself to the making of large coil built and Raku fired
- Artist Jeweller.
- Contemporary Jeweller in Yorkshire.
- Glass Artists.
- Glass Artist.
- Sculpture in glass, combining cast glass with other
media such as stone, wood and metal.
- Glass Artist.
- Glass Artist.
- Automata and Mechanical Sculpture.
- Individual rugs with wit and style. She makes wonderful
- The art and life of the potter Brian Sutherland.
- Conservation of objects to museum standards and restoration to the standard of invisible repair.
ACID (Anti Copying
- Hard hitting action group committed to combating copyright
West Dean College
- A centre for conservation and restoration skills,
and for the practice of arts and crafts.
- Ceramicist, Painter and Photographer
- A mix of high tech with traditional art.
- Every kind of local information concerning Brighton
- Dedicated Brighton WWW directory containing over 3,500
- Including the largest searchable database of information
on the visual arts - The Guide
has over 6,000 listings, with most areas showing images of work - currently,
over 1,200 images are on-line.
- An exhibition of contemporary ceramics utilizing the
Internet as the gallery space.
- Maintained and managed by Craft Australia (The Crafts
Council of Australia), this site is a way to explore contemporary Australian
craft; to see what professional Australian craftspeople are making,
see examples of their work and access their biographical data.
- Australian Ceramics Magazine.
Potters Society of Australia
- National body representing professional artists.
- A forum for International Ceramic Art on the Web.
Many excellent links.
Baltic Sea Glass
- 'Clings to the granite coast, just south of Gudhjem,
- Worldwide Ceramics and Pottery Directory.
- Site covering many aspects of the Arts in New Zealand,
including some crafts links.
The Metal Arts
- Ontario-based organization representing members across
Canada and into the U.S.A. Excellent links for metal and jewellery.
Danish Design, Arts and Crafts
- Includes a large directory of Danish designers, with
links to many of their web sites.
- We have shown much excellent ceramic work from Gary.
He now lives in Finland.
Art + Fun
- German site featuring the work of Christoph von Thungen.
- Swiss virtual exhibition with pictures, sculptures,
drawings, etchings, woodcuts, ceramics, tapestries, embroideries, watercolours,
photographs and poems.
- Precious metals refinery in Pforzheim, Germany. Ranks
among the major European providers for precious metals and related services.